I'm absolutely in love with Anja Rubik's suede trench coat. I would so love to have one identical.
I must confess I have this "it's not good enough" attitude when it comes to fashion, either when it comes to my work or my personal style, because I want them to look perfect and always be one step ahead of the trends. I don't want to wear what everybody wears (well of course, I'm not talking about a certain garment, I absolutely don't mind if someone has the same,) but if I am supposed to go to a party where it's pretty obvious every woman will wear a dress, I'd rather wear something else like a suit or whatever.
This year I've been on a constant search for new trends, new styles, new statement shoes or IT bags and now I am starting to reconsider my personal style for 2015.
A couple of months ago I decided to have a wardrobe detox and get rid of all the clothes I didn't wear anymore for various reasons. I realized it gave me a great feeling, like a fresh start, a sort of second chance to make things better - shop more wisely, not purchase useless stuff, buy more quality clothes that will last longer. Now that 2015 is knocking on our doors, I decided to make my fashion resolution list. So here it goes:
1. Wear more oversized garments: I'm tired of skinny jeans, tight skirts and dresses. I feel it's time to look for different shapes and especially oversized ones: trousers, tops, jackets, etc.
2. Find that perfect 70s inspired look: a denim jumpsuit, a cool turtleneck, those perfect leather boots to match with my oversized long coat. I think this mix can look pretty cool and be comfortable at the same time.
3. Find new ways to accessorize. Every outfit needs that "je ne sais quoi" and since I mentioned before, statement necklaces are so passee. Tiny jewellery, cool earrings and long silk scarves could be the answer.
4. Pay attention to fabrics. It's something I'm already doing, but I should never stop.
5. Keep it French classic. I've always admired French woman and their flawless fashion sense and I think it's good to make sure you always have a good range of basics in your wardrobe - good shirts, jeans, etc.
Romanians love to party and when it comes to the New Year's Eve, they either go big or they go home. People here take it very seriously here and I know how crazy everyone gets around this time of the year: "Where should we spend NYE? What should I wear? I need to buy something new" these are the usual questions/thoughts that pop-up in every woman's mind.
In order to solve at least one of the problems ( I can't suggest where you should go, to be honest I don't even have a clue what I'm doing for NYE), but I can definitely give you some ideas on what to wear. Therefore, I thought of a couple of outfits inspired by the Spring-Summer 2015 looks (it's all about being on step ahead of the game) that will sure make you stand out.
If you want a look that will give you freedom to move and dance all night, but at the same time look stylish and sophisticated, go for the masculine style. Wear a pair of colourful culottes and match them with a white shirt, a jacket and shinny stilettos. If the fabric is a little bit shinny, it's even better. Finish the look with a small pair of pearl earrings.
I'm wearing H&M jacket and culotes, Zara shirt and Il Passo shoes.
Stay tuned for the next party outfit.
Photography: George Pruteanu
During these past months my obsession with 70s fashion grew stronger and stronger, so you can only imagine my excitement when scrolling through the Spring-Summer 2015 collections and seeing all these disco influences: flared jeans, deep V-necks dresses, shinny jumpsuits and pussy bow blouses.
And speaking of it, I realized this type of blouse is not only 70s inspired, but it's definitely a classic every woman should have. It's sophisticated, elegant and it gives you a very stylish appearence even if you pair it with jeans.
At Elle Style Awards this year, I went for a disco inspired outfit and wore a pussy bow blouse, but I decided to give it a fresh look by keeping it opened and wearing it like the scarves from Prada's Fall-Winter 2014 collection.
You can find this blouse here.
My skin is not perfect, but like most of you probably, I try to do my best and make it look as close to perfection as possible. Lately, I have been very much interested in finding the right skincare products for me, since I believe it's better to take good care of your skin rather than just cover it up with make-up. Therefore I thought of sharing with you a list of products I use daily:
1. Avene Hydrance Optimale - It has a light texture and feels very good on my skin. I tried a range of hydrating creams until I found this one, but I liked it so much that I bought it a second time and I will probably keep on buying.
2. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel - I bought it with the Effaclar Duo cream and I use them together, except that this one I use it once per day, since the water tends to dry my skin a lot.
3. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo - I read good and bad reviews about it, but I guess what works for someone, cannot work for someone else. I didn't see a miraculously over night change, but it helps the scars heal faster and my pores don't get as clogged as they used to.
4. Natural Nutrition eye cream - It's a product I started using recently, but I love its calming effect on my skin. I have to admit I'm not especially gentle with my skin when I take off my make-up, so this products proved to be the right thing for me.
5. Grape seed oil - It's my secret weapon for a bright dewy skin. I use it at night instead of cream. After I cleaned my face I apply a lot of grape seed oil and massage the skin. No matter how late I go to bed, I usually wake up looking fresh. It doesn't get the face oily, it just makes it dewy and bright. You don't need to buy a specific brand, any brand is good as long as it is expeller pressed oil, so that the seeds would keep their properties.
6. Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution - After hearing and reading so many good things about it, I decided to give it a try. Many make-up artists I work with at VIVA told me how amazing this product is and they are completely right.
7. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - Not really a skincare product, but it's the one of the best products I've ever used. It's perfect for a no-make-up make-up look. It's light, hydrating and gives you a natural glow. Everytime I use it, people tell me I look so fresh.
If you have any other tips&tricks, feel free to share them with me.