As sale season is starting, I wanted to share with you some shopping tips in order to avoid making these mistakes (again) while you are hunting for bargains at the mall or online. So here they are, 5 mistakes to avoid making during sale season:
1. We buy things we don't actually like. A red tag with 70% off written on it can work magic on your brain. Don't let yourself hypnotised by it and ask yourself this question: Would I buy it if it wasn't on sale? Do I actually like it? If the answer is no, then run away from it. You don't need another clothing item that will end up in the back of your closet with the tag on it, just because you realize later on you don't like the design or the colour doesn't suit you.
2. We buy things we don't need - I tend to like stuff which looks a lot like something I already have. I'm sure you do the same, which is perfectly normal, because this means you kinda have an idea on what suits your style. Just make a list of things you need from home and try to stick to it.
3. We go for the super trendy stuff - We are all influenced by trends in one way or another, but don't buy the super trendy items because you will wear them one month and after you will not like them anymore. Instead buy something classic like jeans, shirts or a nice bag.
4. We choose quantity over quality. Instead of buying 10 dresses you won't wear much, buy those designer shoes you've been dreaming of for months. You will spend just as much money.
5. We buy things that aren't our size. "It doesn't matter the jeans are one size smaller, I'll loose some weight" or "Who cares if the shoes are half a size smaller, they will become my size if I wear them a couple of times" Does this sound familiar to you? If yes, you should stop doing it immediately, because your feet won't shrink and there's absolutely no point in starving yourself just to fit in a new pair of jeans you bought on sale.
Photo from Harper's Bazaar and Elle.