I wanted to make a list of my favourite fall winter 2014 trends, but in the meantime I thought of sharing with you some styling tips for an updated wardrobe without any effort or wallet damage. Here we go:
1. Masculine looks are one of the hottest trends for fall, so I suggest you wear a suit with a polo T-shirt as seen at the Emporio Armani show. Get your old Lacoste top or get a new one and match it with a suit. Add a pocket scarf for a fashion forward look.
2. For a day to day look, wear an oversized turtleneck like the ones from Christophe Lemaire's show. Make sure you get one in either dark blue, grey or olive green and pair it with skinny jeans and Isabel Marant style boots.
3. If you don't like to freeze your butt off during winter for a fashionable event ( I know I don't), this year you can breathe easily. 70s fashion is trendy again and black semi transparent tights with sandals are no longer a fashion faux-pas. If you don't believe me, check the Givenchy collection.
4. A snake print bag like the one from Gucci can be an easy update to your wardrobe and it will look amazing if you tend to wear basic colours. I got one in red and I absolutely love how it matches with every single piece from my closet.
5. Planning to wear high boots this winter? Try pairing them with a dress on top, long enough to cover every centimeter of the skin. Why do that? Because Prada says so.
6. Personally I'm crazy about this styling trick Miuccia Prada thought of. Wear a silk scarf around your neck for a chic updated evening look. It will look amazing with a tuxedo or as it is here, on top of a dress.
7. Oversized necklaces are so passe! This autumn wear one oversized earring like the one from Louis Vuitton.
8. Wear a pair of brogues with mini skirts as seen at Proenza Schouler fashion show. This combo is perfect if you plan to go out and you don't feel like wear high heels, brogues are the answer for a stylish look.